Important! The deadline to submit your application is January 8, 2023
Save Money. Go Electric!
The Massachusetts Clean Energy Center and Wayfor are piloting a grant program in Greater Boston to help taxi drivers switch to Electric Vehicles (EV’s).
Apply for a grant to be one of the first taxi operators in Boston to drive an EV Taxi.
There are a limited number of grants available. Don’t Delay!
What the grant means to you!
- Significantly lower your maintenance and operating costs
- Drive with the newest taxi technology
- Attract enthusiastic riders who prefer environmentally friendly transportation
Incentives of the EV Grant Program
- A grant to lower the cost of purchasing an EV with new taxi technology
- 50% savings on airport trip fees
- Skip the line at the airport taxi pool
- FREE airport vehicle charging
- Tips and ideas for how to maximize your fares with an EV Taxi
Save BIG – Drive EV
2-year savings – Electric Vehicle compared to a Toyota Camry Hybrid
50,000mi/yr, 280 work days
+ unlimited 50% off Taxi Pool Fee
TOTAL up to $120,400
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this really free money?
Yes – you will receive grant money that is paid directly to a dealership to secure your purchase of an EV
Does the grant cover the total cost of an EV?
No. But it will provide significant financial help.
If I fill out the application and I am accepted, am I obligated to continue with the program?
No. You may back out any time as long as you have not accepted your grant.